Provincial Nominee Programs
A provinces economic growth depends on having enough skilled and qualified people to meet labour market needs. Each province and territory in Canada, with the exception of Quebec, has their own Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) to help meet these needs.
PNP programs are a way for high-demand foreign workers and experienced entrepreneurs to meet labour needs and gain permanent residency in their chosen province.
The PNP programs offer options for both skilled and semi-skilled workers. You may be able to apply on your own, or with your employer. Each province and territory has its own streams or immigration programs that target certain groups, and criteria for their PNP.
Greater consideration will be given to those individuals whose employment will fill a skills shortage. For example, Saskatchewan has a Health Professions Category, a Farm Owner/Operator Category and a Long Haul Truck Drivers Project which are all designed to facilitate immigration to their province.
Since January 1, 2015, many provinces and territories have launched new Express Entry streams.
To apply for the PNP you must:
- Apply to a province or territory for a nomination,
- Be nominated by that province or territory, then
- Apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to become a permanent resident.
If you are nominated under a non-Express Entry stream:
- You will have to apply through the paper-based process, and
- If the province or territory finds you eligible and nominates you, you will send an application to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
If you are nominated under a province or territory’s Express Entry stream, you must:
- Meet their requirements, and
- Meet the minimum criteria for Express Entry; this includes meeting the requirements of at least one of the immigration programs it covers.
Minimum criteria and programs available within each province are constantly being updated.
Please refer to the links for the province you are interested in, for further information specific to their PNP and the streams they offer:
ALBERTA: Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program
BRITISH COLUMBIA: British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program
MANITOBA: Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program
NEW BRUNSWICK: New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program
NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR: Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program
NORTHWEST TERRITORIES: Northwest Territories Nominee Program
NOVA SCOTIA: Nova Scotia Nominee Program
PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND: Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program
SASKATCHEWAN: Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program
YUKON: Yukon Nominee Program
Contact us to book a consultation and discuss the streams available and how you may qualify under a Provincial Nominee program.