GoCanadaVisas Logo
Federal Skilled Workers


CALL US TODAY +44 (0) 208 123 1597

Federal Skilled Workers

The Federal Skilled Workers program is now managed under the new expedited electronic management system called Express Entry. 

Applicants  in addition to qualifying for the Federal Skilled Worker program (with a minimum of 67 points), must create a profile in Step 1 of the Express Entry process, and be ranked through the Comprehensive Ranking  System (CRS) according to their personal qualifications.  Step 2 is to submit your application and supporting documentation to CIC for the permanent residence approval process.

There are no longer any caps on the Federal Skilled Worker class for permanent residency status, and only those applicants with the highest CRS totals for each draw will receive an invitation to apply from CIC.

The minimum requirements to qualify under the Federal Skilled Workers program include:

  • At least one year (1,560 hours total/30 hours per week) continuous full-time or an equivalent in part time within the last 10 years, and be at NOC skill type 0, A or B
  • Employment must be paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships do not count)
  • Take an approved language test and obtain a minimum score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in all four abilities, reading, writing, speaking and listening.
  • Have a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree, OR
    • A completed foreign credential, AND
    • An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an agency approved by CIC showing your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree
  • Meet all the conditions set out in the six selection factors (language proficiency in English/French, education, work experience, age, valid job offer, and adaptability)
  • Proof of settlement funds, unless you are currently able to legally work in Canada AND you have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada;
  • You must be admissible to Canada;
  • You must plan to live outside the province of Quebec.

Canada is continually seeking qualified skilled workers as immigrants, to fill chronic shortages in many skilled worker categories across the country.

Contact us to book a consultation and find out how you may qualify under the Federal Skilled Worker program, for permanent residency status in Canada.