The Self-Employed Program seeks to bring people who will become self-employed in Canada. In particular within these three main areas:
- Self-employment in Cultural activities
- Self-employment in athletics
- Self-employment in the purchase and management of a farm.
Cultural experience can include professions and occupations such as musicians, artists, film makers, journalists, illustrators, directors, choreographers, designers amongst others.
Athletes include professional athletes but also coaches and trainers all working at a world class level.
Farming requires significant experience in the management of a farm.
To be eligible to apply as a self-employed person, you must:
- Have at least two years relevant experience in cultural activities, athletics or farm management.
- Be able to make a significant contribution to the cultural or athletic life of Canada.
- Be able to buy and manage a farm in Canada.
- Be able to be self-employed in Canada.
- Meet the selection criteria for self-employed people which is assessed on experience, education, age, language and adaptability.
- Show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.
- Not be inadmissible for security, health or financial reasons.
For further information please contact us for a consultation to discuss if you may be eligible to one of the pathways on the Self- Employed program.