Temporary Resident Permit (TRP)

If you are inadmissible for either medical or criminal grounds, but have a good reason to travel to Canada that is justified in the circumstances, you may be issued a temporary resident permit (TRP).

A TRP is a document that authorizes a person who is inadmissible or does not meet the requirements either as a temporary resident or as a permanent resident to enter or remain in Canada.

A TRP is valid for a specified period of time, usually the length of your visit to Canada; you must leave Canada by the expiry date of the permit.

To be eligible for a temporary resident permit, your need to enter or stay in Canada must outweigh the health or safety risks to Canadian society, as determined by immigration or a border services officer. Even if the reason you are inadmissible seems minor, you must demonstrate that your visit is justified.

If you would like to receive a permit, an application can be made at the border or from the consulate in your home country. A processing fee is required, which is not refundable. The application requires strong justification that there is good reason for you to travel to Canada. It is assessed by an officer but there is no guarantee that the TRP will be issued. 

For more information regarding TRP’s and to discuss your eligibility please contact us for a consultation.



Mitcham, Surrey

United Kingdom

Email: GoCanadaVisas

Contact: +44 (0)208 123 1597

©GoCanadaVisas | Sitemap