Visa Extension

Most visitors are allowed to stay in Canada for no more than six months but, in some cases visitors can stay longer. The date that you must leave Canada will be stamped in your passport or on your study or work permit.

If you do not have a stamp in your passport, then your date to leave will be 6 months from the day you entered Canada.

If you want to extend your stay in Canada, you must apply to do so. An application must be made to extend your stay at least 30 days before your current temporary resident visa expires. If you stay longer than you are allowed by your visa, you will lose your temporary resident status and you could be asked to leave Canada.

An application for an extension can be made if you want to:

  • Extend your visitor, student or work status,
  • Change your permit type (for example, from a study permit to a work permit) or
  • Change your permit condition(s) (for example, if you are studying and you want to change schools, or if you are working and you want to change jobs).

Whilst you are awaiting a decision on your application you still have temporary resident (visitor) status. This is known as implied status.

Wish to stay longer in Canada, let us help you extend your current visa. Contact us now to discuss your options further.



Mitcham, Surrey

United Kingdom

Email: GoCanadaVisas

Contact: +44 (0)208 123 1597

©GoCanadaVisas | Sitemap