Canadian Experience Class

In September 2008, the Canadian Government introduced a new Federal program under the Economic category for foreign nationals already in Canada legally to apply for permanent residence. The program is targeted at Temporary Foreign Workers and International Students, and is also open to workers who have left Canada. If you are a temporary foreign worker or a foreign student who graduated in Canada, you often have the qualities to make a successful transition from temporary to permanent residence. You are familiar with Canadian society and can contribute to the Canadian economy.

On completion of studies, students are allowed to work full-time for up to 2 years. This provides the window for gathering valuable Canadian work experience, applying for permanent residence and becoming established in Canadian society.

You should have knowledge of English or French and qualifying work experience.